|Tullamore has recently been selected as the resettlement location for 31 people (9 family units), within Ireland’s commitment to the UNHCR. The project is supported by the Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration, Department of Justice; and the Tullamore Resettlement Interagency Working Group (TRIWG) - that are service providers such as the housing authority; the health sector; the education sector and so on.
Offaly County Council, on behalf of TRIWG, seeks to employ a Resettlement Project Support Worker to provide day to day support to the refugees post resettlement in Tullamore and to assist service providers to identify and address gaps in service provision.
The Resettlement Project Support Worker will provide the link between service provider agencies and the community; and will co-ordinate the project from the viewpoint of the needs of the 31 Refugees/9 families. They will assist service providers to identify and address gaps in service provision.
Each candidate shall be of good character.
Each candidate shall be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of
ability to render regular and efficient service.
3. Education, Training, Experience, etc.
Each Candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms have the qualifications, experience and skills etc. as follows:-
• Have a third level degree in a relevant area.
• Possess a satisfactory knowledge and experience in managing projects preferably in the area of minorities; social inclusion; integration.
• Possess a successful track record of initiating, managing and developing community projects.
• Be a highly motivated individual, with an ability to establish, develop and sustain partnerships.
• Demonstrate flexibility in their approach to work and have excellent communication skills.
4. Possess a current full driving licence and access to private transport.
Download application form here