Reuse of Public Sector Information (PSI)
Offaly County Council is subject to the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 (SI 279 of 2005). The regulations are available at www.psi.gov.ie
All rights to design, text, graphics and other material on this website are the copyright of Offaly County Council or other third parties – unless otherwise stated. Material provided by Offaly County Council is copyright of Offaly County Council and material provided by any third party, including links to other websites from this site is likely to be copyright of the author. Permission to copy or use any such material must be obtained from the author.
In the case of information that is the property of Offaly County Council, our policy on this is below:
Policy Statement on Release of Data
Information posted on this website may be downloaded and re-used free of charge without application with the following exceptions:
- Photographs and artwork of any kind;
- Brochures, leaflets or other documents whose author is not Offaly County Council. These items should include a logo or information about the author – for example, the Planning leaflet series from the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government is included in this website for public information purposes – these leaflets were created by the Department which retains copyright for the material;
- Documents, plans, maps, drawings, sketches, photographs etc. which are posted on the website for the purposes of enabling the material to be inspected at another time or place or to otherwise facilitate public inspection, (for example plans, maps, drawings submitted in connection with planning applications or as part of an application for a service, grant, licence etc.);
- Other maps of any kind;
- Any other documents/information in respect of which third parties hold intellectual property rights, including copyright;
Intellectual property rights are likely to be held for material provided by a third party, including links to other websites from this site. Permission to copy or use any such material must be obtained from the holder of the intellectual property right.
In all cases, re-use is subject to the following conditions:
- Acknowledge the source and our copyright in cases where you supply the information to others; Reproduce information accurately;
- Not use the information in a misleading way; Not use the information for the principal purpose of advertising or promoting a particular product or service;
- Not use the information for or in support of illegal, immoral, fraudulent or dishonest purposes.
Please note that information and documents obtained from this website may only be reproduced and/or re-used subject to the latest PSI licence available at www.psi.gov.ie
Public Sector Information owned by Offaly County Council which is not available as set out above may be applied for by writing to:
Senior Executive Officer Corporate Affairs Section,
Offaly County Council,
Aras an Chontae,Charleville Road
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The application must be for the release of documents for re-use and must state clearly that the request is for the re-use of public sector information. Offaly County Council’s Freedom of Information Section 15 Manual includes classes of data/records held by the Council.
The Council will only supply data covered by the Regulations in pre-existing format or language. As well as data protected by intellectual property rights, the Regulations do not provide for the release of personal data or information protected under the Freedom of Information Act. The Regulations do not permit the release of information in a manner that is otherwise prohibited by law.
For further information on the re-use of information held by Offaly County Council, please contact Ms. Monica Cleary Phone: 057 93 57455
Offaly County Council is not obliged by the Regulations to release documents for re-use. However, any information released will be subject to terms and conditions of the latest PSI licence available at www.psi.gov.ie and such other terms and conditions as Offaly County Council deem appropriate.
Offaly County Council is not liable for any loss or liability associated with the re-use of information and does not certify that the information is up-to-date or error free. The Council does not authorize any user to have exclusive rights to re-use the information.
The following charges will apply: €20.95 per hour in respect of the time spent in producing, collecting and reproducing the information for re-use. €0.04 per photocopy. €10.16 for a CD-ROM Details of the charges will be given to the applicant before the information is released.