Offaly Naturalists' Field Club Programme 2013
Download the Offaly Naturalists' field club programme for 2013. The Biodiversity Summer School focusing of the Slieve Bloom Mountains with John Feehan will be from Monday 1st July to Friday 5th July.It will be based in Kinnitty Community Centre. The course fee will remain at €100.00 for the five days. If you would like to book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org. This course always books out so book early!
Progress in Offaly
The Biodiversity Plan for Offaly is part of the 2012-2016 Offaly Heritage Plan.
- Hedgerow Study, N. Foulkes and A. Murray, 2005
- Esker Study, Mary Tubridy and Associates, 2006
- Tufa springs, -Glinsk tufa springs, Kinnitty, Co Offaly, Stephen Heery 2010
- Tufa Springs, Stephen Heery, 2007
- Flora Protection Order Species in Offaly, Fiona Devery 2007 (8MB)
- Bats and Bridges - Brian Keely, 2007
- Avifauna of Bridges in County Offaly- Alex Copland, BirdWatch Ireland 2007 (6MB)
- List and Description of Natural Heritage Sources for Co. Offaly, updated 2009, Stephen Heery. Please email the heritage office if you know of a study not listed here.
Author: John Feehan
Published by: Offaly County Council 2009
Available From: Bookshops via Mercier Press. Currently in stock in Midlands Books, Balcony Books, Allways Outdoor Shop, Tullamore. Birr Castle Demesne Shop or on line www.mercier.ie
Price: €40 RRP
'A revelation of Offaly's wildflower beauty and diversity by one of Ireland's top ecologists and communicators of nature. His up-close-and-personal portraits give each plant a vivid and distinctive presence, aided by superlative illustrations - another landmark in books about our countryside.' Michael Viney
For sample double spreads see Bog Rosemary and Honeysuckle
For more information click here.
Natural Heritage Poster
To order your free copy of the Natural Heritage Poster for Offaly email the heritage office