Lego Building Competition
Children & Adults are invited to participate in Offaly Library’s LEGO® building Competition. Entrants are asked to use their imagination and build a piece based on this year’s theme, Build a story.
- Simply collect an entry form at your local library or download a copy here. Entry forms are available from all 8 library branches in Offaly or you can email email@example.com, or telephone 057-9346861.
- Competition is open to persons aged 5 – Adult
- Closing Date for all entries is Saturday 11th November.
- ALL builds must be presented to Tullamore Library. You can leave your completed build in Tullamore Library FROM Wednesday 1st November to Saturday 11th Novembe
- Winners will be announced on Saturday 18th November at 12.30pm in Tullamore Library.
Terms and Conditions:
• Use your own LEGO® bricks or other compatible plastic bricks to build an original creation at home. Constructions made from specialty themed LEGO® kits are not eligible and will be disqualified, although elements from specialty kits may be used in original designs.
• Designs must be original.
• Only ONE creation per person or team may be entered.
• Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant in the team. Each team member will require their own entry form, however only one explanation theme needs to be submitted. Please note that a team will compete for a single prize.
• Your creation must fit within a space of 24 by 24 inches, and be no taller than 4 ft.
• By entering the competition, you are granting Offaly County Council Library Service permission to use the entry for exhibition, documentation, research and publicity purposes, including library and Offaly County Council approved websites and social networks.
• Lego Builds will not be considered if terms and conditions are not accepted and must have a parents or guardians signature on the entry form if under 18.
• Judges- Jessica and Saolán Farrell from Lego Masters (channel 4)
• The judges decision will be final.
• The winners will be announced on Saturday 18th November at 12.30pm in Tullamore Central Library.
• The Contest entries MUST be removed from the library following the award presentation.
• All possible care will be taken in the handling of entries. Entrants accept that Offaly Library Service is not responsible for loss or damage to any entry.
Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
• Primary School
• Secondary School
• Crowd favourite
• Building Skill- (based on entrants age)
• Creativity and Originality
• Interpretation of the Theme- How well does it represent “ Build a story”
By submitting this entry form and being included in this competition, entrants and their parents/guardians agree to the official rules and regulations above and the decision of the judges.
Closing Date for all entries is Saturday 11th November 2017 at 5.00pm.
All entries must be presented to Tullamore Central Library.