Abnormal Load Permit
A Special Permit is required for the use of heavy or wide loads on a public road by any vehicle or trailer where laden weight, dimensions etc. exceed allowed limits.
The fees for an Abnormal Load Permit are as follows:
|Single Journey / Daily Permit||€60.00|
|3 Month Permit||€150.00|
The Permit is subject to the following conditions:
- You shall indemnify the Council against any damage to public roads or bridges caused by the use of the vehicles concerned.
- This extraordinary traffic shall not pass through Tullamore Town, but shall, alternatively, use the Western Relief Road & the N80 Tullamore Bypass when possible.
- Garda Authorities to be notified and consulted with in advance of moving load.
- Advance warning to other traffic to be provided to the front and rear of the vehicles.
- Lay-bys to be availed of in order to allow traffic to pass, to avoid traffic congestion along the route.
- You must satisfy yourself that the proposed route is capable of accommodating your proposed load and that no delays, hold-ups or disruption will be caused to other traffic.
- The Permit is granted on the basis that the loads should be displayed.
- Proper signs showing the overall length of the load should be displayed.
- Please note that the granting of a permit does not relieve the applicant of the obligation to assess the suitability and safety for a vehicle carrying a load of abnormal weights and dimensions, and of the driver to drive with extra care and attention when approaching overhead bridges, cables, etc.
Download Abnormal Road Permit Form: Abnormal Road Permit Application Form