Offaly County Council is taking applications for the Covid-19 Restart Grant Scheme. This grant will give direct grant aid to micro and small businesses in Offaly to help them with the costs associated with reopening and reemploying workers following Covid-19 closures.
The closing date for application is August 31st 2020
Before making an application, please check the following to see if your business is eligible.
- A business must have a turnover of less than €5m and have 50 or less employees.
- The business must have suffered a projected 25%+ loss in revenue to 30th June 2020.
- The business must commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed. The business must also declare the intention to retain employees that are benefitting from the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS).
Subject to the qualifying criteria above
- Any business that has a commercially rateable premises can apply.
- International chain stores, i.e. a business that is a non-financially independent branch of a group of chain stores which is owned and managed by a single entity, are not eligible.
- Non-commercial organisations such as community and sporting premises are not eligible.
- Businesses that do not operate from rateable premises (tradesmen, service providers, etc.) are not eligible.
If your business is eligible, please read on.
What is the purpose of the Restart Grant?
It is a contribution towards the cost of reopening or keeping a business operational and re-connecting with employees and customers.
What can it be used for?
The grant could be used to defray ongoing fixed costs, e.g. utilities, insurance, refurbishment or for measures to ensure employee and customer safety.
How is the grant amount calculated?
The grant will be equivalent to the rates bill of the business in 2019, with a minimum payment of €2,000 and a maximum payment of €10,000. Therefore, if your business rates bill was €3,000 in 2019, that will be the amount of the grant (if your application is successful).
What’s the application process?
You will need to complete fully and submit the online Application form available at:
Offaly County Council will confirm and process your application.
Please refer to this when completing the form. If you have further questions, you can contact Offaly County Council as follows:
22nd May 2020