Edenderry Public Realm Enhancement Works
Notice is hereby given that Offaly County Council proposes to carry out works to enhance the existing public realm at O’Connell Square and JKL St. Edenderry.
The works will consist of;
- Extending the paved area around the Town Hall building area.
- Simplifying the road route/ vehicular circulation around the square and the parking layout.
- Provision of two new courtesy crossings at O’Connell Square
- Re-siting of the bus shelter at JKL St., off O’Connell Square.
- Provision of a new bus shelter on southern side of JKL St.
- Alterations to the existing surface water drainage in order to accommodate the works.
- Installation of outdoor lighting at the Town Hall and O’Connell Square and provision of outdoor electrical outlets
- Refurbishment of steps and ramps at the Town Hall building.
- Alterations to layout and paving along JKL St from O’Connell Sq to Carrick Rd junction
- Tree and shrub planting in O’Connell Square and along JKL St. at the newly paved areas.
- Installation of street furniture, seating, tree guards, bollards etc.
- Provision of enhanced disabled persons parking areas in O’Connell Square and JKL St.
For a period of 8 (eight) weeks, from Wednesday 22nd February 2017 to Friday 21st April 2017(both dates inclusive), written submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development marked “Edenderry Public Realm Enhancement Part 8 “, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to :
Mr Declan Conlon Area Manager,
Edenderry Municipal District