HSE/NAS walk-in, no appointment necessary COVID 19 test centre to open in Edenderry for 3 days over Bank Holiday Weekend.
A HSE/National Ambulance Service Walk-in, No Appointment Necessary Covid 19 Test Centre will open in the carpark at Scoil Bhride Primary School, Killane, Edenderry,
(R45 X9 51) over the Bank Holiday weekend on Sunday Monday and Tuesday from 10.00am to 5.00pm each day.
Commenting Niamh O Beirne National Lead Test and Test said, “We are seeing increasing numbers of people present to the HSE’s walk-in COVID 19 testing centres. We continue to work closely with the Public Health teams across the country, the National Ambulance Service and Community Health teams to ensure that we establish these testing centres as quickly as possible once the need for them has been identified.
Who can use a walk-in centre;
You can use the COVID-19 walk-in test centre if you do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and you:
- are aged 16 years and over
- live in the same area as the walk-in test centre
- have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 6 months
Tests are limited to one test per person. If you think you need a repeat test, talk to your GP.
What you need to bring
You need to bring photo ID and provide a mobile phone number.
There is currently a number of cases of COVID-19 in the Edenderry area. These are from a range of sources including households, schools, workplaces and crèches.
A few cases are associated with a larger outbreak in Co. Kildare.
The HSE Department of Public Health in the Midlands and the relevant schools are working closely together. Where there are cases, risk assessment and appropriate action has been taken.
Scoil Bhride National School has reverted to on-line learning this week.
Please adhere to the following advice over the coming weeks;
- Hold firm and follow national guidelines, especially over the Bank Holiday weekend. This will protect you and your children as well as keeping others safe.
- If you or your child has been identified as a close contact of Covid-19, please continue to follow the public health advice you have been given. Please continue to restrict your movements or your child’s movements. Avoid participation in sports or outdoor group activities during this time.
- If anyone in your household develops symptoms please;
- Isolate them in the home – this means staying at home and completely avoiding contact with other people.
- Phone your GP or MIDOC for advice.
- Restrict the movements of everyone at home until the person with symptoms has been tested.
Full details of the walk-in COVID 19 test centres currently open, including opening times are available at www.hse.ie
Need information and advice on COVID-19? Go to www.hse.ie/coronavirus