Part 8 – Blundell Harbour to Downshire Bridge, Edenderry, County Offaly - Grand Canal Greenway Shared Walking and Cycling Route:
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Local Government (Planning and Development) Regulations 2001 (as amended) (S.179), notice is hereby given that Offaly County Council propose to re-surface / re-construct the existing shared walking and cycling route (East Bank) along the existing towpath of the Grand Canal from Blundell Harbour in Edenderry Town to Downshire Bridge for a distance of 1.5km south of Blundell Harbour.
The proposed development, which is the subject of this Part 8, will include the following:
- Improvements to the existing shared walking and cycling route along the existing towpath of the Grand Canal currently 3.0m wide, through the provision of an Asphalt (Blacktop) suitable surface for pedestrian and cyclists use.
- The re-surfacing of the existing car parking area.
- Construction of pull-ins, timber gates and timber post & rail fencing as required.
- Provision of safety measures, to include road markings, & signage to facilitate safe pedestrian and cycling movement. Topsoiling & grass seeding of Grand Canal bank where required.
- Accommodation works as necessary to facilitate all required works.
Submissions & Observations:
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection, or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, for a period of 4 weeks from 25/01/2023 to 24/02/2023 at the following locations:
Offaly County Council, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, County Offaly R35 F893
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm.
Edenderry Municipal District, Town Hall, Fr. Kearns Street, Edenderry, County Offaly, R45 K766
Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 4.00pm.