Press Release Monday 2nd March 10am
Offaly County Council wishes to advise that the following roads in the County remain closed due to flooding:
- N62, Birr to Cloghan, at Kennedys Cross is closed due to flooding and local diversions are in place;
- Botley Lane, Portarlington L50151 remains closed due to flooding; local diversions are in place;
- The Shannon Harbour to Banagher Road L7014-1 remains closed due to flooding;
- The Crank Road L-7017-1 in Banagher is closed due to flooding; local diversions are in place;
- The R438 at Anglers Rest on the Tipperary/Offaly border remains closed due to flooding. Motorists are advised to follow diversions in place.
Offaly County Council regrets any inconvenience caused by these essential closures and we will keep the public informed of updates in the coming week as roads are reopened. Offaly County Council continues to actively monitor river levels in the County and are prepared for the deployment of defence measures if required.