Offaly County Council - Professional Artists Support Scheme 2018
Offaly County Council arts office is pleased to reintroduce the Artists Support Scheme for 2018. Proposals are welcomed from Artists living in or from Offaly. Particulars and application form can be downloaded from the links below both PDF and Word formats are available. Closing date for applications is Tuesday 21st August @ 4pm. PLEASE READ GUIDELINES CAREFULLY.
Professional Artists Support Scheme Application Form 2018 Word
Professional Artists Support Scheme Application Form 2018 PDF
Professional Artists Support Scheme Guidelines 2018 Word
Professional Artists Support Scheme Guidelines 2018 PDF
The Professional Artists Support Scheme is designed to assist artists in one of the following three categories:
- Continuing Professional Development (e.g. further training, mentoring, attendance at workshops, travel grants swithin Ireland and abroad.) Up to €1,000.
- New works (e.g. materials assistance; research and development; production costs) Up to €500.
- Audience Initiatives (e.g. audience research, documenting and recording development assistance, publication and exhibition assistance, arts practice development in conjunction with arts or community groups.) Up to €500.
The examples above are meant as a guide only. The scheme is open to other proposals that applicants may wish to make relevant to their needs.
Please note ◊ The maximum amount awarded to any applicant is €1,000
◊ It is envisaged that up to 8 awards will be issued in 2018
◊ Track record or potential in artistic ambition/innovation - 15
◊ Quality and artistic merit of the proposal - 25
◊ Potential impact on individual’s artistic /career development - 25
◊ Competitive context and available resources - 20
◊ Applicants contribution to and impact on the arts in Offaly - 15
• Education awards
• Major capital costs – e.g. construction of studios
• Application /activities for charity fund-raising purpose, for participation in a
competition, or for primarily profit-making purposes.
Who can apply
The Offaly Artists Award Scheme 2018 is open to individual artists, at all stages of their career, working in any art-form, art practice, discipline or genre. To be eligible, artists must be living in or from Offaly, and on the Offaly County Council’s professional artist database. All applicants must ensure they have a valid Tax Clearance number and access number. Due to limited funding, priority may be given to artists practising in the county.
How to apply
Please complete and submit the following in hard copy only (e-mails are not accepted):
1) completed application form
2) a detailed CV
3) a detailed proposal
4) a comprehensive budget
5) samples of work
Send Application and Supporting Documents to:
Professional Artist Support Scheme,
The Arts Office,
Offaly County Council,
Áras an Chontae,
If you wish to have your supporting material returned, please include a stamped addressed envelope.
DEADLINE for submission of proposals 4 p.m. Tuesday, 21st August, 2018. Applications must be post-marked Monday 20th August 2018 in order to be eligible. Applicants will be notified of result no later than 6 weeks after the closing date.
Notes for Applicants
- Applications will only be accepted from individual professional artists – not groups or organisations.
- Application forms must be completed in full, incompete application forms will not be considered.
- Proposals must be typed to include an indication of the concept and rationale, a clear understanding of the costs involved and samples of the artist’s work (please do not send originals).
- Only one application per individual artist will be accepted under this scheme.
- E-mailed applications will not be accepted.
- This award is not an education bursary.
- The award will be made in the context of a competitive assessment, the purpose of the award and selection criteria, and available resources.
- For further queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 05793 57400