Offaly Local Community Development Committee invite applications for funding under the 2021 Community Enhancement Programme.
The Department of Rural and Community Development has approved €138,550 in funding for Offaly under the 2021 Community Enhancement Programme.
Please see the following link for a press release on the launch of the CEP at national level by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and the Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/df30e-ministers-humphreys-and-obrien...
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) offers funding to any not-for-profit community or voluntary group in County Offaly to provide
- grants towards projects or equipment enhancing facilities (similar to previous years) and
- one-off grants towards costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of a facility.
Grants will be provided under the following strands:
Strand 1 – Small Scale Projects: Minimum grant of €500 and a maximum grant of €1,000.
Strand 2 – Medium Scale Projects: Minimum grant of €1,001 and a maximum grant of €3,000.
Strand 3 – Large Scale Projects: Maximum of €10,000.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises.
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Click here for 2021 Community Enhancement Programme Application Form.
Procurement must be submitted with the application form
(If your total project cost is less than €5,000 and is not related to building/ landscaping/ construction works, then please include estimates/quotes from a minimum of three different independent suppliers with your application).
Click here for 2021 Community Enhancement Programme Application Guidelines.
Click here for LECP (Local Economic and Community Plan 2016-2021)
To facilitate the identification of the location of the projects/work, a new field has been added to the application form requesting the XY co-ordinates of the project/work. To assist with sourcing the co-ordinates, the Department has developed a simple guide for use by applicants.
Click here for Application to Help Find Location XY
For any queries please contact the Community & Culture Section by email email@example.com or telephone 057 93 57401 or 057 93 46800.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is at 12 noon Friday 11th June, 2021.