The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys, has announced registration is now open for a new €15 million capital fund for the upgrade and refurbishment of Community Centres.
All interested applicants must register online at gov.ie/CommunityCentresFund.
Registration for the fund must be completed prior to submitting a formal application.
The formal application process will open on Tuesday 7 June and closes on Thursday 14 July 2022.
The Minister also announced that her department will host online information sessions on Wednesday 1st June 2:30 – 4pm.
The information session will provide guidance on the application process.
Applicants can also register to attend an information session at gov.ie/CommunityCentresFund.
PLEASE NOTE OFFALY COUNTY COUNCIL ARE NOT ADMINISTERING THIS GRANT. ALL QUERIES SHOULD BE EMAILED TO CCIF@drcd.gov.ie
The Community Centre Investment Fund will provide grants for larger projects, over €10,000 up to a maximum contribution of €300,000 towards capital costs.
Category 1: Small scale projects/improvements to facilities €10,000 - €25,000.
Category 2: Larger scale projects €25,001 to €100,000.
Category 3: Major projects €100,001 to €300,000.
Applications under Category 2 and 3 must include a minimum contribution of 5% of the total project costs from the applicants own funds.
Funding is available for capital works such as:
- works to improve communal facilities such as kitchen and toilet facilities
- energy retrofitting, new windows / doors / heating systems
- upgrades to lighting systems and stage areas
- works to address safety concerns, including as a result of fire safety audits
- works to improve disability access
- improvements to assist in providing additional or better services to the community such as Meals for the elderly and youth facilities
- works to develop Community Centres as Social Hubs through the development of Community Cinemas, Youth Hubs and Community Libraries
- essential maintenance works, repairs to roof, and so on
There will be a two-stage application process with applicants asked to register their organisation in advance of the formal application process going live.
- Registration is now open and will remain open for duration of the application process, applicants must register as 'users' on the portal. The application process will open on Tuesday 7 June 2022.
- The closing date for applications is Thursday 14 July 2022.
Fund guidelines and a sample application form are available to view at www.gov.ie/communitycentresfund.