Offaly County Council has, under Section 8 of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2014, prepared and published this Publication Scheme in conformity with the model scheme and guidelines made by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
This Publication Scheme came into effect on 14th April 2016.
PURPOSE OF THE PUBLICATION SCHEME
The scheme is designed to facilitate the publication or provision of records outside of FOI provided that such publication or provision is not prohibited by law. Its aim is to publish as much information as possible in an open, transparent and accessible manner on a routine basis. In preparing, reviewing or revising this Publication Scheme, Offaly County Council shall have regard to:
- Allowing public access to information held by Offaly County Council
- The publication of reasons for decisions made by Offaly County Council, and
- Publishing information of relevance or interest to the general public in relation to its activities and functions generally.
FORMAT AND ACCESS
In order to ensure that this Publication Scheme is easily accessible to the public it is being displayed on Offaly County Council’s website. In addition a printed version of the scheme is available to view at 24 hour’s notice during opening hours at Offaly County Council, Aras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, R35 F893.
Information contained in the Publication Scheme is grouped into the following 6 headings:
- Information about Offaly County Council
- Functions and Public Services provided or to be provided
- Decision Making Process for Major Policy Proposals
- Financial Information
- FOI Disclosure Log and Information Routinely Published
This information is being provided primarily by way of a link to information held elsewhere on Offaly County Council’s Website
OFFALY COUNTY COUNCIL PUBLICATION SCHEME
-1. Information about Offaly County Council
Provides the following information on who we are and what we do: