How to make a control of dogs complaint

When making a dog-related complaint, please provide the following details:

  • Nature of the complaint
  • Time of the incident
  • Location of the incident
  • Return contact details

To make a Control of Dogs related complaint you have the following options: 

  1. Phone the Dog Warden / Dog Pound on 057 93 51181

    (Open: 10am to 1pm Monday-Saturday; Closed Wednesday) 

  2. E-mail your complaint to or 

  3. Make a written complaint on the Control of Dogs Complaint Form and send it to:

Administrative Officer (Dog Control)

Environment & Water Services Section

Offaly County Council

Áras an Chontae

Charleville Road


  1. Phone the Environmental Hotline 1800 242 673 during office hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday 

  2. Phone Environment Section, Áras an Chontae: (057) 93 57403 during office hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday 

  3. Please note that the provision of your name and address is desirable as otherwise Offaly County Council will not be in a position to report back to you regarding the matter complained about. Moreover, Offaly County Council may need to contact you in order to obtain information or to clarify some points. 

  4. If you require your details to be kept confidential, this must be specifically indicated in your written complaint. Offaly County Council will respect your wishes in this regard under the powers provided under the Freedom of Information Act 1997, as amended.