Recycling is an excellent way of saving energy and conserving the environment.
Did you know that:
- 1 recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.
- 1 recycled aluminium can would save enough energy to light a 100watt lightbulb for almost 20 hours
- 1 recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
- 1 recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 3 hours.
- 70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making it from raw materials.
Where can I recycle?