ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INFORMATION
The Accounts Payable Section processes all payments to suppliers of goods and services for Offaly County Council. The section is also responsible for processing payments of grants and similar type payments.
Offaly County Councils payment method is by means of Electronic Funds Transfer. In the case of all electronic payments, a remittance advice giving details of the payment will be sent to the supplier by email (where an email address is provided) or by post on the day payment is made.
Role of our Supplier
Offaly County Council can only pay on foot of a valid invoice received from a supplier (hard copy or e-invoice). Invoices must be sent directly to the Accounts Payable Section, Aras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly and are not to be posted to the section that placed the order with you. We do not pay on the basis of statements or reminder letters.
Offaly County Council require all suppliers to be tax compliant and therefore all suppliers are required to provide a current Tax Clearance Certificate. Copies of valid Tax Clearance Certificates can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please ensure the following details are provided on all invoices issued to Offaly County Council:
1. Your business name and address inclusive of your tax reference number
2. A unique invoice number
3. Valid Offaly County Council Purchase Order number
4. The date of the invoice
5. The amount of the invoice
6. The invoice must be addressed to Offaly County Council
7. A clear description of the goods or service provided to Offaly County Council
8. For the Reverse VAT charge, the invoice should omit VAT and quote the following “VAT on this supply to be accounted for by the principal contractor”
9. Payments will be dependent on the supplier providing evidence of current tax clearance certificate and compliance with all other Revenue Commissioner regulations
Disputed invoices or Clarification
If Offaly County Council receives an invoice where there is a dispute or an issue to be clarified concerning the amount or detail on the invoice, the section who placed the order will contact the supplier to discuss the issue involved.
Queries in relation to Purchase Order numbers should be directed to the section that placed the order with you.
If you have any queries in relation to your invoice after it has been submitted, please contact the Accounts Payable Section on 057 9346800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org