Offaly County Council wishes to advise that the following Public Offices will re- open public counters on Thursday 5th August 2021 from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm Monday to Friday:

Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore

Tullamore Tullamore Municipal District Offices

The Public Offices listed below will open as follows:

** Edenderry Municipal District Offices (Tuesday-Thursday each week from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm only)

** Birr Municipal District Offices (Tuesday-Thursday each week from 9.30 am to 1pm only)

At Áras an Chontae, Tullamore, counter services for Planning, Roads, the Local Enterprise Office, Community & Culture, Corporate Services, Water Services and Environment will be available by APPOINTMENT MADE IN ADVANCE only.

Where possible the public should continue to access our services by phone, email, online or by appointment. Please read for latest information and measures in place.

Housing Loans

Housing Loans

All Housing Loans approved in the Housing Department are forwarded to the Finance Department to be set up on the computer systems for administration

Such loans would include the following:

  • Tenant Purchase Loans
  • Annuity Loans
  • Reconstruction Loans
  • Caravan Loans

The following information is available on request from the Housing Loan Section:

  1. Statement of Account
  2. Certificate of Interest
  3. Redemption Amount i.e. amount due to clear loan account in full
  4. Other information as may be requested from time to time

Please note, Shared Ownership Loans and Affordable Housing Loans enquiries are dealt with by the Housing Section

Contact Details:

Housing Loans Repayments,

Finance Section,

Offaly County Council,

Áras an Chontae,

Charleville Road,


Co. Offaly.

 Phone Numbers

Housing Loans Repayments Section – (057) 93 57406

Fax Number - (057) 93 29236 

Credit Control

All loan accounts are monitored on a monthly basis to ensure that loan repayments are maintained, thereby avoiding the possibility of Customers getting into financial difficulty with their loan repayments.

All approved applicants for loans are encouraged to set up a Standing Order arrangement with their Bank or arrange to have repayment deducted through An Post Household Budget Scheme. (Forms available on request.)

For further information:

Customers experiencing financial difficulty with their repayments can contact the Housing Loan Repayments Section to discuss a mutual beneficial payment arrangement.

The Money Advice Budgeting Service (M.A.B.S.) is an agency set up to facilitate people experiencing difficulties with budgeting or money management generally, Offaly Money Advice and Budgeting Service, 8 O’Connor Square, Tullamore - Telephone 057 – 9323211 – may be of assistance to you. This service is free, independent and confidential.

For further information:

Housing Loan Repayments can be made by the following methods:

  1. In person to the Cash Office, Áras an Chontae, Tullamore Monday to Friday to (including lunch)
  2. By Post with a Cheque/Postal Order sent to the Cash Office
  3. By telephone with Credit Card/ Laser Card to 057 93 46800
  4. To Offaly County Council Revenue Collector for your area.

In all cases you should indicate your relevant Account No./Customer I.D. No. 

Legal Issues

Deed Of Discharge - When your loan has been paid in full, it is necessary to contact your Solicitor in order that a Document called a Deed of Discharge can be prepared. This means that the Loan charge can be released from the property.

Once your loan has been redeemed, you are entitled to your Title Documents (Deeds), which are available from the County Solicitor.

Hoey & Denning,


High Street,


Co. Offaly.

Telephone Number: 057 93 21105