Housing Rent Arrears
There is a dedicated Rent Arrears Team within the Finance Section, with responsibility for collection of Rent Arrears.
Offaly County Council offers the following payment methods
- Household Budget Scheme (Direct weekly deductions from Social Welfare payment)
- Bank Standing Order
- In person at Cash Offices – Cash/ Debit Card/ Credit Card
- Bill Payment Card service through An Post and participating outlets.
- Cheque/ Postal Order through the Postal System
Statement of Accounts, requests for Household Budget Deduction forms and Bank Standing Order forms can be requested from the Rent Arrears team – Contact 057 9346820 or your area Revenue Collector.
If you miss a rent payment you should contact the Rent Arrears Team to make payment as soon as possible.
When arrears remain unpaid, the Council will commence the following process for recovery of the outstanding amount and repossession of the dwelling
- Reminder Letters 1 + 2
- Letter 3 – Meeting Request
- Statutory Tenancy Warning
- Legal Proceedings which may result in the repossession of the dwelling
All Rent account are monitored on a weekly basis.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties you can contact MABS (Money Advice and Budgeting Service) at Unit 23A, Bridge Centre, Tullamore on 0818 072710 for advice on how to manage your income and pay your bills.