New Building Control Regulations 2014
These Regulations come into effect on the 1st March 2014.
A Guidance Note can be downloaded from here.
In summary, the new Building Control Amendment Regulations require the following documents to be electronically submitted at www.localgov.ie in accordance with Statutory Instrument S.I. 9 2014
- A Revised Commencment Notice
- General arrangement drawings;
- A schedule of design documents as are currently prepared or to be prepared;
- An online- assessment via the Building Control Management System of the proposed approach to compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations 1997 to 2014;
- The preliminary inspection plan;
- A Certificate of Compliance (Design);
- Notices of Assignment in respect of the Builder who will carry out the works and of the Assigned Certifier who will inspect and certify the works;
- Certificates of Compliance signed by the Builder and the Assigned Certifier undertaking to carry-out their roles in accordance with the Requirements of the Building Regulations.
Note 1: The Designer and the Assigned Certifier must be a Chartered Engineer, or Registered Architect or Registered Building Surveyor.
Note: 2 Also Documentation held on file by a building control authority relevant to works or a building included on the statutory register will be accessible to any person who subsequently acquires an interest in the building concerned.
Note 3: You should be also be aware that if you omit to submit a valid commencement notice, you may be unable to get a Completion Certificate for the building and this may have serious long term consequences.