Civil Defence Training:
• Civil Defence members attend classes in various disciplines during the training period (usually September to May).
• Members are instructed in various life saving skills at these classes such as:
• Flood Response + Portable Pump Drills
• Radio Communications
• Urban Search and Rescue ( USAR )
• First-Aid classes teach people the basic skills of diagnosing and treating a variety of injuries and conditions including,
• Maintaining an airway - to ensure the person can breathe,
• Control of bleeding,
• Support and care of broken bones,
• Treatment for Stroke, Heart Attack
• CPR. C.F.R. OFA. EFR. Training Courses.
Rescue (USAR )
• This includes,
• Search Organization + Search Management for missing persons.
• Map Reading, GPS Training
Auxiliary Fire Service
• During this class students learn,
• Classification of Fires
• Basic Fire-fighting,
• Use of Fire Fighting Equipment Eg: Hoses, pumps, ladders, ( To assist at Flooding )
• This involves many skills including,
• Care of refugees
• Hygienic preparation of Food
• Emergency Accommodation Procedures
• This class teaches volunteers the proper use of Radios for use on Civil Defence Duties, Exercises and for Emergencies
How do I join?
• Raphael Fallon. Civil Defence Officer, Central Fire Station,Sragh,Tullamore,Offaly.
Phone No : (057) 9327429
Website : Irish Civil Defence Web Site
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org