The Government has agreed that Level 5 as set out in the Plan for Living with COVID-19 will apply nationally until April 5th 2021. The Government has clearly stated that there is an absolute need to minimise the level of mobility and congregation of people in order to reduce all opportunities for transmission of the virus.

Consequently, and in line with current public health guidance, the Offices of Offaly County Council are closed for walk-in services to support this reduced mobility policy.

Public access cannot be facilitated during LEVEL 5 restrictions. Therefore, Offaly County Council services will be available by telephone, email, online post and only where absolutely necessary and in exceptional circumstances by appointment. Please read latest information.

Petroleum Licencing

  • Dangerous Substances License FAQ

    Anywhere there are dangerous substances stored a licence is required under the Dangerous Substances Regulations (1979). The most common substance requiring licensing is petrol and petroleum products. This licence is granted by the Fire Authority following a formal application and payment of the relevant fee.

    Read more

  • Petroleum Licencing

    Offaly Fire Service receives applications regarding petroleum licencing for petrol stations and petroleum stores throughout the county. It is mandatory under legislation that a premise storing and dispensing petroleum have a Dangerous Substance License. Details on the legislation in this area and application forms for making a submission are detailed on the links below.

    Read more