Offaly County Council hereby invites property owners to consider leasing their properties to the Council under the Social Housing Leasing Initiative. The Council is seeking to lease good quality new and second-hand properties in all areas where there is a housing need.
There are two options for property owners who are considering making their properties available
- Short Term Availability Arrangement (typically 4 years)
- Long Term Lease Arrangements (10-20 years)
To apply for either option, landlords can register their property by completing the Expression of Interest Form and return same with the BER cert for the property. Forms can be posted to:
Housing Section, Offaly County Council, Aras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the Council is interested in the property, the landlord will be advised and a refundable fee of €200.00 is then payable by the landlord in respect of each property they submit. The property will be visited by an Inspector from the Council. This deposit is fully refundable upon completion of any required works within the timeframe requested and subsequent signing of contracts. If however, a landlord fails to carry out the works as requested or withdraws the property from the process following an inspection, the deposit will not be returned.
The minimum documentation required under either option is as follows:
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- PRTB registration – when tenant in situ
- 4 page E.T.C.I. Periodic Inspection Report by a Registered Electrical Contractor
- Current ‘Declaration of Conformance’ by a registered gas installer
- If oil heating installed, proof that the boiler was serviced recently
- Bank details (sort code, account number, name / address of bank)
Please also note that all landlords are required to self register for and to pay the N.P.P.R. and Household Charge. We will also be seeking evidence of payment of same.
More detailed information is available on both rental options in the document below.
Alternatively, you can contact the Housing Section of the Council on 05793 57409