Joining Offaly Libraries
How to Join?
You can join online or in your local branch.
What do you need?
Please bring a valid photo ID and a current proof of address when joining or completing your online registration in your local branch. Photo identification can include a passport, driving licences or student card. Proof of address can include a recent bill, a letter addressed to you, or a letter from your landlord. Under 18s need a parent/guardian to act as guarantor for them. The parent/guardian will need a photo ID and proof of address.
If you are under the age of 18, you must review these terms and conditions with your parent or guardian before agreeing to make sure that you or your parent or guardian understand your and their legal obligations. Parents or guardians are responsible for their children’s digital content selections. Please note that the normal age restrictions for accessing content for e-books and e-audio books are not in place for users who have registered during this temporary arrangement.
Before Joining please read the Data Protection Privacy Statement for Offaly Libraries.
Did you know...
- You can borrow a maximum of 12 items at any time.
- As part of the Libraries Ireland National Library Consortium initiative your library card may be used at any branch library in the Republic of Ireland.
- You can search and request items from any public library nationwide.
- You can borrow a wide range of items including books, DVDs and Music CDs for 3 weeks.
- We have a new email notification service.
- Offaly Libraries have mobile printing available in most of our branches.
- Reserve and renew items 24/7 using our online catalogue.
- Access your Library account 24/7 from home, work, or on the go.
Extra Service! Temporarily Suspended during COVID-19 Restrictions
You can also avail of My Open Library in Banagher, Ferbane and Tullamore Libraries. Access 7 days a week! For more information on this service, click here.
Membership Charges 2022
Membership - FREE
Requests - FREE
Internet & WiFi - FREE
Replacement Membership Card: €1.00
Fines: No Fines
Photocopying / Printing: B/W: €0.20 per A4 page, €0.40 per A3 page
Photocopying / Printing Colour: €0.60 per A4 page, €1.20 per A3 page
Scanning: €0.20 per A4 page
If you need any further clarification on this matter please ask a staff member or contact Tullamore Library 057 9346832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org