Offaly County Council has commenced the review of the existing Offaly County Development Plan 2014-2020 by preparing the new Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027.
The County Development Plan is a statutory document prepared by the Planning Authority in accordance with the requirements of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended) and the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (as amended).
The County Development Plan preparation process involves public consultation at 3 stages, which will subsequently lead to and inform the preparation of the new County Development Plan as shown below:
Stage 2 Draft
The pre-draft Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027 was amended by elected members and agreed to be the Draft Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027 on 13th July 2020.
The draft plan comprises the following:
- Volume 1: Written Statement
- Volume 2: Settlement Plans
- SEA Environmental Report
- Natura Impact Report
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Wind Energy Strategy
- Housing Strategy including Housing Need and Demand Assessment
- Record of Protected Structures
Please click here to see a copy of the Draft Plan and all accompanying reports
Submission Dates and Viewing Locations
A copy of the Draft Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027 and all accompanying reports will be available for public inspection from Monday 27th July 2020 - Wednesday 7th October 2020 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations, during normal opening hours and excluding public holidays:
- Offaly County Council, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, County Offaly.
- Birr Municipal District, Wilmer Road, Birr, County Offaly.
- Tullamore Municipal District, Cormac Street, Tullamore, County Offaly.
- Edenderry Municipal District, Town Hall, Edenderry, County Offaly.
- Branch Libraries at Birr, Clara, Edenderry and Tullamore (during branch opening hours).
Visiting members of the public should be advised that the operation of Local Authority public counters and interaction with the public, in the context of ongoing COVID-19 public health requirements, is governed by Standard Operating Guidance (SOG) protocols applying in the local government sector. Please be advised that all visitors will be required to adhere to these protocols.
Making a Submission/Observation
Written submissions or observations with respect to the Draft Plan and/or the accompanying reports are invited from members of the public and other interest parties. Submissions or observations must state the name and address of the person or relevant body or agency making it, and should be clearly marked “Draft Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027”.
Please make your submission or observation by one medium only to avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and to streamline the process i.e.:
- On-line by clicking here:
- Hard Copy at: Forward Planning Section, Offaly County Council, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, County Offaly
Submissions or observations shall be made between Monday 27th July 2020 – Wednesday 7th October 2020 (both dates inclusive). Please note submissions will be accepted up to 4pm on the 7th October 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please include your name and address on a separate page to the content of your submission. This is to assist Offaly County Council in complying with the provisions of the Data Protection Act. Your assistance on these issues is appreciated. Emailed submissions will not be accepted. Please note that observations or submissions will be made public on the website.
All submissions or observations received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2021.
If you consider that you have a disability, please give details of any special requirements for public consultation purposes that you may have in order that appropriate arrangements can be made if necessary.
- Relate to the proper planning and sustainable development of Co. Offaly, from broad policy issues to specific types of development in identified areas.
- Include a map if you refer to particular locations or features.
- Be clear, concise, and to the point. If you need to make a lengthy submission, please attach an executive summary to it.
- Include your name and address on a separate page to the content of your submission in order to assist Offaly County Council in complying with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, as submission are legally required to be published on line.
- Be in one medium only i.e. hard copy or online. This will avoid the duplication of submission reference number and will streamline the process.
- Preferably be in typed format in the interests of legibility.
Written submissions or observations received by the planning authority shall be published on the website of the authority.
Please click here to view submissions received.
Please click here to see the Privacy Statement for the County Development Plan Process.