Offaly County Development Plan 2021 - 2027
The Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027 was adopted on 10th September 2021 and came into effect 20th October 2021
The County Development Plan is a statutory document prepared by the Planning Authority in accordance with the requirements of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended) and the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (as amended).
The adopted plan comprises of the following:
- Volume 1: Written Statement
- Volume 2: Settlement Plans
- SEA Environmental Report
- Natura Impact Report
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Wind Energy Strategy
- Housing Strategy including Housing Need and Demand Assessment
- Record of Protected Structures
See the full plan and all documentation here:
Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027
A copy of the adopted plan will be made available for inspection at the following locations from Friday 22nd October 2021 during normal opening hours:
- Planning Department, Offaly County Council, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
- The offices of the Municipal District of Birr, Wilmer Road, Birr, Co. Offaly
- The offices of the Municipal District of Tullamore, Cormac Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
- The offices of the Municipal District of Edenderry, Town Hall, Edenderry, Co. Offaly
- Branch libraries at Banagher, Birr, Clara, Daingean, Edenderry, Ferbane, Kilcormac, Portarlington and Tullamore (during branch hours).
Visiting member of the public should be advised that the operation of Local Authority public counters and interaction with the public, in the context of ongoing COVID-19 public health requirements, is governed by Standard Operating Guidelines (SOG) protocols applying in local government sector. Please be advised that all visitors will be required to adhere to these protocols.
Please click here to see the Privacy Statement for the County Development Plan Process.