Stage 2 Draft
The pre-draft Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027 was amended by elected members and agreed to be the Draft Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027 on 13th July 2020.
The draft plan comprises the following:
- Volume 1: Written Statement
- Volume 2: Settlement Plans
- SEA Environmental Report
- Natura Impact Report
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Wind Energy Strategy
- Housing Strategy including Housing Need and Demand Assessment
- Record of Protected Structures
Please click here to see a copy of the Draft Plan and all accompanying reports
Submission Dates and Viewing Locations
A copy of the Draft Offaly County Development Plan 2021-2027 and all accompanying reports were available for public inspection from Monday 27th July 2020 - Wednesday 7th October 2020 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations, during normal opening hours and excluding public holidays:
- Offaly County Council, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, County Offaly.
- Birr Municipal District, Wilmer Road, Birr, County Offaly.
- Tullamore Municipal District, Cormac Street, Tullamore, County Offaly.
- Edenderry Municipal District, Town Hall, Edenderry, County Offaly.
- Branch Libraries at Birr, Clara, Edenderry and Tullamore (during branch opening hours).
Visiting members of the public should be advised that the operation of Local Authority public counters and interaction with the public, in the context of ongoing COVID-19 public health requirements, is governed by Standard Operating Guidance (SOG) protocols applying in the local government sector. Please be advised that all visitors will be required to adhere to these protocols.
Making a Submission/Observation
The Online Submissions Portal is now closed
Written submissions or observations received by the planning authority are published here on the website of the authority.
Please click here to see the Privacy Statement for the County Development Plan Process.