Call for Expressions of Interest
Offaly County Council is seeking ideas in respect of projects which physically improve and / or increase the economic potential of towns and villages, in anticipation of the launch of the Town and Village Renewal Scheme 2020. We are asking community groups across the county to bring forward details of any project which the Council could consider for submission to the Department of Rural and Community Development.
While the 2020 scheme and its criteria has yet to be announced, Offaly County Council at this stage, is trying to ascertain the potential level of interest and the type / nature of any proposed projects that may be eligible for the scheme.
For guidance, we recommend that the qualifying conditions and terms of the 2019 scheme should be taken into consideration when developing your proposal(s). Please refer to the 2019 Scheme Guidelines for more detailed information in relation to:
- Application process – (section 4)
- Selection criteria – (section 5)
- Types of activites which can be supported – (section 6)
- Types of activites which can not be supported – (section 7)
The 2019 Scheme Guidelines are available here: 2019 T&V Scheme Outline.pdf
Please note that having a community plan with specific objectives in place, strengthens an application for funding.
How to express an interest on behalf of your community?
Please submit your initial proposals on the Town & Village Renewal Scheme Expression of Interest Application Form available here:
Expression of Interest for Inclusion in the 2020 TVR Scheme by 27th February, 2020 by post to Town & Village Renewal Scheme, Regeneration Project Team, Planning Section, Offaly County Council, Charleville Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly. RD35 F893
or by email to email@example.com
Your submission should run to no more than three pages and needs to include the following:
(1) Name and contact details for your community group
(2) Map and location of project
(3) Population of town / village
(4) Project details such as:
- Project description
- Objective and / or intended outcomes for project
- Project cost (estimate, if available)
- Available support funding from applicant
- Proposed project phasing, if applicable*
- Any other details considered relevant
* This could be extremely important should an application be successful, but not awarded the full amount sought.
What happens next?
Offaly County Council will assess the general level of interest and will meet representatives of community groups in the coming weeks, if required, to develop ideas further or look at how applications may be strengthened.
Points to consider when identifying potential projects:
- What are the key strengths of your town / village in terms of a place to live and work?
- What are the changes that you would like to see in order to make your Town / Village an improved place to live, work and visit?
- What projects do you think could best bring about positive change?
- Is there any scope to develop opportunities and facilities for tourists?
- Offaly County Development Plan 2014-2020
- Tullamore Town and Environs Development Plan 2010 (as extended)
- Birr Town and Environs Development Plan 2010 (as extended)
- Edenderry Local Area Plan 2017-2023
- Portarlington Joint Local Area Plan 2018-2024
Offaly Local Economic and Community Plan 2016-2021
Town and Village Renewal Scheme Information