Public Information Meeting for Tullamore proposed Part 8 Planning
Offaly County Council have proposed the following for consideration for Part 8 Planning under the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended) and Planning & Development Regulation 2001 (as amended).
(1) Tullamore Street Enhancement - Harbour and Store Street and (2) Grand Canal Greenway shared walking and cycling route from Convent View, Tullamore to Srah Bridge, Ballydrohid, Tullamore
As part of this public consultation, a Public Information Meeting has been arranged to take place as follows:
Where: Tullamore Municipal District, Acres Hall, Cormac Street, Tullamore. When: 2pm-8pm on Monday 1st April 2019
The purpose of this meeting is so that members of the public can view and discuss the proposed projects with Offaly County Council staff. Staff will also be available to provide information, answer queries and to assist with the submission process.
Full plans and details are available in 1) Offaly County Council, Planning Section, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, County Offaly. 2) Tullamore Municipal District, Acres Hall, Cormac Street, Tullamore, County Offaly. 3) Branch Library, O’Connor Square, Tullamore
and on Offaly County Council website www.offaly.ie for inspection by members of the public. These Part 8 Planning proposals are on display from 13th of March 2019 to 11th April 2019 (both dates inclusive).
The closing date for written submissions on either proposal is the 25th April 2019 and may be made in writing to Planning Section, Offaly County Council, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore.
For Store Street:
Street enhancement works to Store Street to include improvements to pedestrian footpaths, along both sides of Store Street, the provision of shared cycle track, undergrounding of cables, enhanced public / street lighting, new paving & kerbs, street furniture, and planting, the remodelling of existing junctions between Store Street / Benburb Street / St Brigid’s Place & Convent Road & the provision of a raised table top crossing at these locations to provide improved pedestrian safety, and other associated works as necessary to facilitate the installation of the proposed street enhancement works.
For Harbour Street:
Street enhancement works to Harbour Street which includes improvements to existing pedestrian footpaths, along both sides of Harbour Street, the remodelling of existing junctions by providing a raised table top crossing at Chapel Street, Store Street and Gas House Lane, to facilitate improved pedestrian safety, the provision also of a raised table top crossing at the junction of Harbour Street and Deane Place / opposite the entrance to the R.C. Church (Market Place) to allow for improved pedestrian crossing facilities, provision of new paving & kerbs, street furniture, enhanced public lighting, planting / landscaping, and other associated works as necessary to facilitate the installation of the proposed street enhancement works.
Grand Canal Greenway shared walking and cycling route from Convent View, Tullamore to Srah Bridge,
- Improvements to the existing towpath and footpaths along the Grand Canal through the provision of a suitable surface i.e. Surface Dressing, Asphalt Tarmac, Quarry Dust and Concrete / Stone Paving.
- Provision of traffic safety measures and signage to facilitate safe pedestrian and cycling crossings at Kilbeggan Bridge and Cox (Clara) Bridge (both protected structures).
- Provision of shared surface area at Bury Quay and Offaly Street.
- Provision of access controls (pedestrian/cycling friendly gates/bollards) road makings, traffic calming measures facilitating the proposed cycle/walk way.
- Provision of a new pedestrian bridge at the 28th Lock, Srah, Tullamore.
- Information boards, street furniture, signage and lighting upgrades.