HSE Covid-19 Walk in Clinic in Tullamore extends to those living 15K from the centre from to-morrow Sunday 28th March at 11.00am
The walk-in/drive testing centre located at Tullamore Leisure Centre (Aura) Portarlington Road, opened on Thursday last, for one week until March 31 at from 11am to 7pm each day.
The HSE local Community Healthcare Organisation (CHO) working with the National Ambulance Service aim to carry out 300-500 Covid-19 tests per day.
The criteria for the free drive walk-in COVID-19 testing service are:
· Aged 16 years and over
· Do not have symptoms of Covid-19 but would like to be tested
· May not have your own GP Live within 15K of the walk-in testing centre.
Process for Referral
Each person presenting will be requested to provide ID e.g.
· A valid passport (passport book or passport card)
· A current driving licence (Irish, UK, EU, US)
· A Public Services Card
· A National Age Card (issued by An Garda Síochána)
· An identification form with a photograph signed by a member of An Garda Síochána
· Free Travel Pass
· A valid student identity card issued by an educational institution
· A bank card
Members of the public will need to bring with them photographic ID and provide a mobile phone number in order to provide test results. The normal social distancing measures will apply and people have the option to return at another day or time if the waiting times are too long.
The public are being advised that they should not attend the walk-in clinic if they are showing symptoms (high temperature, a new cough, shortness of breath or a loss or change to sense of smell or taste) of COVID-19. The HSE are continuing to advise people with these symptoms to self-isolate and phone their GP straight away, who will advise if they need a free COVID-19 test.