Offaly County Council is taking applications for the Covid-19 Restart Grant Scheme. This grant will give direct grant aid to micro and small businesses in Offaly to help them with the costs associated with reopening and reemploying workers following Covid-19 closures.
Before making an application, please check the following to see if your business is eligible.
- A business must have a turnover of less than €5m and have 50 or less employees.
- The business must have suffered a projected 25%+ loss in revenue from 1st April 2020 to 30th June 2020.
- The business must commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed. The business must also declare the intention to retain employees that are benefitting from the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS).
Subject to the qualifying criteria above:
- Any business that has a commercially rateable premises can apply.
- International chain stores, i.e. a business that is a non-financially independent branch of a group of chain stores which is owned and managed by a single entity, are not eligible.
- Non-commercial organisations such as community and sporting premises are not eligible.
- Businesses that do not operate from rateable premises (tradesmen, service providers, etc.) are not eligible
- Premises that were vacant prior to the Covid-19 emergency are not eligible for the grant.
If your business is eligible, please read on.
What is the purpose of the Restart Grant?
It is a contribution towards the cost of reopening or keeping a business operational and re-connecting with employees and customers.
What can it be used for?
The grant could be used to defray ongoing fixed costs, e.g. utilities, insurance, refurbishment or for measures to ensure employee and customer safety.
How is the grant amount calculated?
The grant will be equivalent to the rates bill of the business in 2019, with a minimum payment of €2,000 and a maximum payment of €10,000. Therefore, if your business rates bill was €3,000 in 2019, that will be the amount of the grant (if your application is successful).
When is the closing date?
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31 August 2020
What’s the application process?
You will need to complete fully and submit the online Application form available here:
Restart Grant Online Application Form
Offaly County Council will confirm and process your application.
How soon will I get my grant?
On average, we hope to issue approval within one week. This depends, of course, on the initial volume of applications. Applications will be processed in relation to anticipated re-opening dates, in line with the Government’s strategy for the re-opening of the economy. Businesses reopening under Phases 1 and 2 and those who have stayed open are encouraged to apply now
In addition to the Application Form, we have a Frequently Asked Questions Document here.
FAQs Restart Grant
Please refer to this when completing the form. If you have further questions, you can contact Offaly County Council as follows:
Email: email@example.com or FREEPHONE: 1800 15 15 15 Monday-Friday 9-5pm