Skip to main content

Motor Tax Refund

You can apply for a motor tax refund at your local motor tax office.

You will need to complete Form RF120, get it witnessed and stamped by a member of An Garda Siochána, and then send it to that office.

You should contact them in advance to find out if any other supporting documentation is needed.

A minimum of 3 unexpired whole calendar months must be left on the disc when it is surrendered to the motor tax office.

Form RF120 is available at your local motor tax office.

Refunds are generally only given where a vehicle is scrapped (by an Authorised Treatment Facility only), stolen or exported.

They are not given where a vehicle has been sold.