Children’s Book Festival 2023 runs nationally this October and is a great opportunity for young people, parents, teachers and libraries to celebrate books and reading!
As a central tenet of the Right to Read initiative, the festival aims to encourage children to enjoy the experience of reading and support their reading development through activities and events in collaboration with writers, artists and storytellers. Offaly Libraries looks forward to celebrating Children’s Book Festival with an array of events and activities, co- funded by Creative Ireland.
Events will be held both online and in our libraries, with something scheduled for readers of all ages and interests:
- School Zoom events will feature author Éanna Ni Lamhna who will also visit Tullamore and Clara Libraries.
- Authors Gerry Daly and Shane Hegarty will visit Edenderry, Tullamore and Birr libraries to chat to primary school students.
- Leona McDonnell will facilitate mindfulness workshops in Clara and Daingean Libraries
- Simone Schuemmelfeder (StoryGate) will visit Birr, Clara and Ferbane Libraries with her puppetry and storytelling sessions.
- Shannon Bergin, Illustrator will facilitate workshops in Birr, Banagher and Kilcormac libraries.
- Art and Craft/Story Time sessions will take place in all libraries so contact your library to book your place.
- The new Children’s Books Ireland reading guide will be available for free to collect from your local library where you can also pick up an application for the Create a new Mr Men or Little Miss Character.
Full details of all our events are available in our CBF programme which can be downloaded here or you can contact your local library to book any event of your choosing.